powerhead...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christy1430

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to be setting up my nano jbj 12 galllon on friday. What type of powerhead should i put in this 12 gallon... i will set up a post showing my progresss.!

I'm not sure but I believe I read somewere that a maxi-jet 900 was a good choice for that tank. Seems like I saw one in a tank a the LFS.

is that really the only option.. i was kind of looking for something smaller.. i do not really like the look of somthing so big just sitting in the back of the tank lol... and do u suggest one or two of those powerhead?

You can hide them behind rocks and maybe get smaller ones.

Damn! Those are small.. Next question.. How many do you think I will need in my 12 gallon jbj nano to get the correct flow in the water

wow.. they just get smaller and smaller... i think i like those the most. how have those worked for you. If you have liked them you may have convinced me!!

I have had good results with them. I glued a suction cup to the back of them and suctioned them to the sides of the tank

I haven't had any problems so far except the occasional soft critter venturing too close, which i remedied with a small piece of prefilter sponge.

The JBJ comes with a small powerhead to use as the return from the filtration compartments. It did not create too much flow so I replaced it with a maxi-jet 900. I also found it beneficial to add a second powerhead in the main part of the tank for added flow. I us a maxi-jet 606. Pics are in my gallery.

Hey lando!... since you have the jbj can you tell me your setup in your jbj 12g nano. Ide really appreciatte it so I can have mine somewhat like yourss!! Thank you so much

Hey lando!... since you have the jbj can you tell me your setup in your jbj 12g nano
How do you mean? In terms of filtration...I use mainly LR and LR rubble as biological filtration. For Chemical and mechanical filtration I use Chemi-pure and PURA filtration pads. Does that help?

Yes thank you.... some other questions...
How much Lr do u have and how often and how much do you do ure pwc. What powerheads or anything else you added do you suggest I add to mine

I have about 25lbs of LR in the main part of the tank. I do 25% PWC weekly.

Thank you for your help... 1 more day!! Can't wait till tommorow!! And I also ordered 15lb of live rock which should arrive on tuesday

Sweet, you know that means pictures, right?

For shure!! Ill post pictures as many as I can... maybe once every week or more! I'm really excited about the nano I can't wait . Tom I'm just putting the sand water and letting it run... sat I will buy some rubble to change with the bioballs. And maybe a couple lbs of lr. And tuesday I should receive my 15lbs of lr

Back
Top Bottom