Purple Lobster???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Anyone know about whether a Purple Lobster would be alright, gets up to 5", in my 15G tank, misc. snails and a Peppermint Shrimp and a Fire Red Shrimp. The Shrimp seem to hide most of the time. Macro Algae and a couple frags, Monti, Teal Trumpets, Duncan and a little one with tiny soft polyps.

If so what kind of fish, Clown Goby? Still haven't decided on a fish yet. The little Lobster looks very cool and it is a trade, though I suspect there is a reason they are trading it from their tank :whistle:

The only time you would ever see it is when it reaches out to grab food or with a quick flash light look when your aquarium lights are off.
Gobies would work,but research type you want,some are out all the time,like the neon goby,but others just rest on rocks or stay hidden most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The only time you would ever see it is when it reaches out to grab food or with a quick flash light look when your aquarium lights are off.
Gobies would work,but research type you want,some are out all the time,like the neon goby,but others just rest on rocks or stay hidden most of the time.

Thanks for the info. It was for free, but now after rechecking is is not available. Was just wondering. Usually people get rid of things like that for a reason.

It looked cool enough to get even if it wasn't free though, if it was something good to have.

I have a blue lobster in a 30ltr nano if he is fed regular he will be fine with other tank mates .. If he get hungry then yes he may choose to eat a friend,noting my nano only has clean up crew .. But I agree if you want to see your tank inhabitants then you want goby or blennie I have a arrow goby that looks like a very small eel .. He's great fun and spends his days spitting sand everywhere and generally annoying his tank mates !!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a blue lobster in a 30ltr nano if he is fed regular he will be fine with other tank mates .. If he get hungry then yes he may choose to eat a friend,noting my nano only has clean up crew .. But I agree if you want to see your tank inhabitants then you want goby or blennie I have a arrow goby that looks like a very small eel .. He's great fun and spends his days spitting sand everywhere and generally annoying his tank mates !!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Picking out a fish this week or next sometime (probably), I will check those out. Thank you!

I had bad luck with those lobster, use to eat my small fishes, was hard to get out the aquarium but now I can say I'm happy to retur it to the LFS

Back
Top Bottom