Put my 1st fish! Temporary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CRAZY NEWS! One of my relatives is giving me a 75g tank with overflow box with everything in it! Rock, sand, fish, coral, LED light fixture, protein skimmer, refugium, stand, canopy, EVERYTHING! Beyond excited!

That's awesome! Lucky duck! I think this is an awesome setup that you can always upgrade items over time if you so choose.

Some good and bad news. The bad news is I gave away my maroon clown to my friend in his 90g, doing great! The good news is I got new additions.

image-2517067859.jpg

Mated pairs gobbies

image-1602665188.jpg

Taramrin Wrasse

I have no idea, I want to say red tail but he doesn't have a distinct red tail or he could be a blue spotted, that's the most similar one to mine

Yes mr. Maroon is doing great :) he has found his favorite sleeping spot and swims around in every molecule of H2O in my tank :))

Not technically I just found out that a buffer give you a specific measurement and a supplement just adds on as much as you want.

For example:

I have a pH buffer (buffer doesn't have to do with pH) the buffer is 8.3, my pH was 7.8 so it boosted my pH from 7.8 to 8.3.

Say you have a calcium supplement. You can add as much calcium as you want (wouldn't advise that) but it doesn't give you an exact measurement.

Does he look dead? He's been like this all day.

Attachments

• image-1144966149.jpg
    image-1144966149.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 98
Having some Red/Purple slim problems. Had my buddy let me borrow the Red Slime Stain Remover by UltraLife.

image-1029208303.jpg

Behind the Anemone.

image-947529276.jpg

On the edge.

image-765296693.jpg

That's all the slim on my sand bed thank God.

image-2958680957.jpg

Lower shelf.

Attachments

• image-3681934671.jpg
    image-3681934671.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 99
Hello everybody. Sorry I've been so quiet, my sister just had a baby so all my time was invested in that. After everything had settled, I moved my tank into my new room which is huge with a lot of fish tank room haha! I also changed my aquascape again because I can't stand that I can't clean all the glass. On that note I made a rock setup that none of the rock touch the glass and that I can clean everywhere. Also other good news, I took my old 55g and set it up, ready for a predator tank. I used the same tank from my past predator tank, I had a Lionfish, panther grouper, white spotted grouper, blue chin trigger and a huge king crab. I miss that tank so much so I will be doing it again.

Here's some pictures of my new aquascape and my new 55g tank setup.

image-3366204649.jpg

29g with New Aquascape. Also added black background.

image-729679327.jpg

New Aquascape (front view).

image-2125747819.jpg

Left Side View.

image-822619266.jpg

Right Side View.

image-3832317070.jpg

My 55g predator tank setup with 305 fluval canister filter.

I want to set up a 55 predator tank so bad. I really want a snowflake eel but I like my shrimp in my reef. I was thinking the eel a saddle puffer and a lion would be pretty cool. I'm kinda weary about the lion now because an employee at my LFS got stung by one today and it didn't look fun.

I like your new rock scape. I can't leave mine alone either.

Thank you and yeah I heard a handful of people who got stung by Lionfish but I never heard someone get killed by one Lionfish. If you get hit by one you just get nausea.

Yeah, he got pretty swollen too. I have heard fox faces are way worse but still not lethal. I want one of those too but I'm kind of a pansy and may chicken out. A lady at my other LFS said one of the employees went into convulsions after getting hit by a fox face.

Back
Top Bottom