Red slime cyno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrob57

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey I'm having a bloom in my 40 gallon and occasionally get some in my 14 I am wanting to know what your thoughts on using Chemipure is I have read good stuff but it's all coming from people who sell it not use it if anyone has used this or similar product your help would be appreciated.

And yes i know that PWC's flow and maintaining zero phos is the best way but I want to know more about this still. :)

You don't need it. You can if you want but I don't see the point of it if you are going to continue doing religious water changes.

Just wait the cyano cycle out. It will go away on its own as long as you keep up with regular weekly water changes and feed sparingly. For now, you can manually remove it.

That's what I have done but the problem is every time I go out of town or on vacation it doesn't matter how good of instructions I give or planning the tank sitter always seem to over feed and then boom I got a bloom to take care of on day one back it would kind of be nice to be able to dose the tank and then return to my norm tank schedule so I don't have to spend hours everytime I get back.

I have tried a couple tank sitters one who managed a LFS for years but they all do it.

I think it's cause my clowns and my anemone are just so much fun to watch eat the nem will actually take pellets and he is gigantic so just too much fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom