Self Fragging Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill0181

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is the 2 time this month my Xenia has fragged itself! So neat and convenient and makes me some money! Anyone else have them happy corals?

image-2316521481.jpg

You may be happy now, but in a few months you'll be tearing it out of you tank and hate it more than algae :D

+1

Granted mine is cespitularia, a close cousin of true xenia. Hate it Hate it Hate it!

I'm in the process of setting up a frag tank and then I'll remove my lights from the DT to starve the weed out. Biggest mistake I ever made!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have a colony of the white pompom variety, and it's quickly swelling and blocking light to the slower growers. I'll be in there with the scissors pretty soon. I'm amazed that you can find someone who wants to buy it.

image-2456701219.jpg

I assume this is the close cousin you speak of??? Seems as though I'm a weed grower, well in coral terms!

Xenias (Especially the pulsating kind) are fascinating at first until they become nuisance from spreading. I now keep mine isolated on its own island of rock. Every now and then i catch them trying to reach out to other rocks. Once it grabs ahold of a rock, its nearly impossible to remove it completely.

Xenias (Especially the pulsating kind) are fascinating at first until they become nuisance from spreading. I now keep mine isolated on its own island of rock. Every now and then i catch them trying to reach out to other rocks. Once it grabs ahold of a rock, its nearly impossible to remove it completely.
Be careful though. If a piece breaks it can float around and hitch on to another rock.

Be careful though. If a piece breaks it can float around and hitch on to another rock.

I actually have one that made it on my main rock (I was soo pissed). I sometimes feel like i want to take a needle to it and inject it with something. Would that be cruel?

Don't worry bout them Bill, we got into this hobby to see healthy happy corals propagate in front on our eyes....enjoy!!

I hear ya Captain and thank you, nice tank by the way!

Back
Top Bottom