Thinking about getting a 28g nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilmasbest

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I'm thinking about getting a 28g nano cube but I'm new to this hobby and I'm not sure if it's a good tank for fish and coral together. I would also like some help with what to do to get the system up and going and how and where to start. Thank you

Hi and welcome to AA!

Best place to start is by researching and reading anything you can get your hands on. A good place to start is to read the articles on AA's site: Saltwater

As for the tank, figure out what fish you'd like to get first, figure out their needs in regards to tank size, and then come to a decision that's right for you.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Welcome and good luck with your saltwater adventure. I just bought a 29 bio cube! :)

Setting it up Saturday.

Welcome and good luck with that! Sounds like a good idea though.

Good luck on your adventure! I'm relatively new to this as well and have the jbj 28g nano cube and I love it! This forum is a wealth of information!!

You will enjoy saltwater a couple of things take it slow and do research before buying anything. I usually decide on one fish I want for the tank that is reef safe and go from there. The type of light will depend on the corals your choose. A 28 is a good size for one or two fish I like to understock rather than push it because bad things can happen fast and even faster if your tank is stocked with fish to the limit.

I have a 28 gallon jbj with 2 fish and lps dominate tank.

I just set up the JBJ nano cube myself. I personally love it so far. It's my first saltwater and I feel like it made it a lot easier by not having to pick out a blue million different things and making it all work together.
But I second what's been said so far. RESEARCH. A LOT. This forum has all the info you need. Everyone here is very knowledgable and helpful. (even more so if you give us pictures, everyone is crazy about pictures on here!)

Thanks everyone... Yes I'm planning on getting the Jbj LED pro I will post pictures as soon as I can, I also plan on setting it up on Saturday

I got my tank last week!...

Attachments

• image-4219278457.jpg
    image-4219278457.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 93
Thanks... Not 2 sure yet, I know I want a couple of clown fish and maybe a blue tang, other than that not 2 sure

Go to live aquaria.com and look at nano fish! It will give you a good idea about what type of fish will do ok in your tank. Such as gobies, clowns, firefish, a few types of wrasse, and types of cardinal fish! All tangs are out :(

Do you know what these are?... They came with the rocks I put in there

Attachments

• image-1552300298.jpg
    image-1552300298.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image-365885231.jpg
    image-365885231.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 82
Yeah you don't want the first guy, but it really isn't anything to worry about yet. You could try a Peppermint Shrimp once you're cycled. Or you can inject it with Aptasia-X.

Back
Top Bottom