Weekend Project - Adding Ecoxotic Panorama Pro to JBJ 28 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizzle007

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got a new JBJ 28 LED and I'm 5 days into the cycle.

I decided I wanted to add a 12' Actinic Ecoxotic Pro LED to the tank and read everywhere that it needs to be behind the plastic. I did not want to do an entire retrofit so I got my problem solving skills going.

Went to home depot purchased some Lexan acrylic, aquarium safe silicone, couple of hinges, and some weather stripping and went to town.

Long story short made an acrylic box mounted light and the pics are below.

This was very easy to do and was able to increase my light by 19w.

Any comments or questions?

photo 3.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Looks really good. It was my understanding that those lights couldn't support certain corals. That those lights were more for making the corals pop with different colors. Was I misinformed?

I was gonna go with those lights on my BC29 but after research I went with the AI SOL BLUE and drilled it into the stock hood.

Good luck though...

That all looks real well. Big plans for corals?

I'm new to the saltwater world but yes. I'm looking forward to buying my first coral, still debating what to get. Even with the lights that I have I'm worried about not having enough.

Looks really good. It was my understanding that those lights couldn't support certain corals. That those lights were more for making the corals pop with different colors. Was I misinformed?

I was gonna go with those lights on my BC29 but after research I went with the AI SOL BLUE and drilled it into the stock hood.

Good luck though...

Yea, thats a nice light. I didn't want to rip out the original LEDS since the tank is brand new. I will upgrade when I need it. Let me know how you like those lights though.

Back
Top Bottom