2 tangs in one tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
how would a small yellow and a small pacific blue tang do together in my 50g tank which is 4' long? Would they get along? I realize my tank is on the small side for tangs but I have a freind who has a 120 g I can bring them to in a year or so once they outgrow mine.

personally i wouldnt put two in that size tank. The agressiveness is something to be cautious about. If you provide ample places for them to hide and declare as their own territory then it might work for a year but they will outgrow the confins of the 50 gal.

I think austinsdad was refering to the possibility that your friend by then may have a full stock in his tank, and have no more room.

Here's how you solve the problem. Make plans and start nowto have a bigger tank by then. Start buying each thing asap, a little at a time. :wink:

Kole Tangs are OK in a 4' tank IMO, but just one. The Yellow might do OK but the odds are now cut in half against it living out it's full lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom