Adding Live rock?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knuff27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an established 55g with two clowns, two bannerfish, a regal tang, and numerous inverts. I would like to add about 20# of LR to my already 35#. I am questioning if I can buy online at places that sell 'cured' LR like LR.com, Tampa Bay Saltwater, or Premium Aquatics and then just add it to the tank? However, I do not want to put my inhabitants in danger. It is safe to add that amount of rock if it has been out of the water for a day or so as long as I watch for nitrate spikes and do water changes? Also, has anyone ordered live rock from tampa bay saltwater or premium aquatics before? I have heard great things about each and wish to add something other than my 35# from lr.com. Thanks.

liverocks.com is cured LR. It ships over night and is ussually in transit less then 20hrs. Your are generally sae to add it directly to the main, just keep an eye on water parameters for a couple of weeks and be prepared to do a water change if needed. If the shipment gets delayed (in transit over 24hrs) be ready to re-cure it on arrival.

I have ordered from liverocks.com and premium aquatics before and have been very happy with both orders. LR.com has much more life on it, but I liked the shapes and look of the premium aquatics Marshall Island rock a bit more. Either one you choose you will be happy with.

Enjoy!

tripper

Back
Top Bottom