algae problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont understand why me feeding the way I do is funny. Thats what it says when you do research on your fish. Its only half a cube each time so a whole one to 1 and a half each day.

I find it funny because i did the same mistake like you do when I first started. Sometimes good lessons are learned from bad mistakes and I am also still learning. There are lots of articles you will come across in the internet that are not true. You have to weight them and find out the truth.

Wow! That is a lot of food! I feed my fish twice a week. Sundays and Wednesdays. And I have six fish, they get a small pinch of pellets and maybe 1/8th of a shrimp cube.
+1 Kristy has more experience so I agree with what she says. Just so you know, fish will survive without feeding for a week

I want to thrive not just survive. I go to fish stores and they look like they never feed there fish. Mine are pretty plump lol I guess thats why.

As long as you keep up and diligent in cleaning up the byproduct of what you feed then it's your choice. It means getting rid of algae, nitrates and pwc more often then hoping for not getting them sick by unhealthy environment.

I feed my fish 3 times per week. I used to think they had to eat everyday as well then had to battle high nutrients in my water. Cutting down on the feedings will also force your fish to graze on what's in the tank, i.e. algae, etc.

Also, I run my lights a total of 8 hours. Whites run 6 of those 8 hours and my blues are an hour before and hour after.

do some palying around with feedings and find the balance for your tank. I use to feed my tank 1 every 3rd day and ended up with a ULN system. I am running an oversized skimmer, was running GFO and GAC. Stripped the nutrients lost a lot of corals. Since then I have redone my tank I feed twice a day and only run GAC, Skimmer and Cheato. I run no GFO now. I am still having 0 NO3 and PO4 is at .06ppb. So play around and find out what works for your tank

How about feeding tangs and flame angle as I feed a cube 1 out of 2 days and days don't Feed cubes will feed flake or pellets and put sea weed in every few days. Only thing is that my cardinal only eats frozen cubes and begs like mad when feed other stuff. so does it sound like I'm feeding to much

Feeding differs from tank to tank. You really can only take what someone says and try I and see if it works. Each tank is different. If you have large skimmers and all the other things that take out stuff from water then feeding a bit more is ok. Of your only using a skimmer and sock filter cut down the feeding as the nutrients may get too high. It just all depends in the specific system.

Back
Top Bottom