Anemone question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Droneshooter

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I have a pretty big condy anemone roaming Around in my tank will it brother my rbta (a lot smaller )
In a 45g tank

Shouldn't be a problem as long as it parks far enough away....
When I first put my Nem in and it started to roam, I had a couple spots scoped out with decent current, good lighting and small crevice gently scooped it up while it was moving,held it with its foot to the gap.it attached and has been there is since.

We'll the condy was my first anemone and he stayed where I first but him for a while but the past to weeks he's been roaming and he is pretty close to my rbta right now and I fear the might not like each others company
might try and move him to the other side of the tank or just take him to my lfs and put him up for adoption

a condy and bta will sting each other and eventually kill each other most likely the smaller bta.

I have a Condy. It will stay in one spot for a month or so then it's all over for a week or so. They move a lot more then a lot of other ones

Tell is more about the tank. How long was the condy in one place? The fact that is moving now tells that it recently became unhappy, possible parameter swing, change in flow, or even lighting.

I have 2 taotronics blues at 100% whites at 50% in for 10 hours a day. Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and phosphates are at 0. Salinity is at 1.026. It stayed in the same place for about 2 months then moved around for a week. Stayed in one spot for about 2 weeks and has been on the move since. A couple days

So I have a carpet and a rbta anemone and I've noticed since I upgraded my lights they haven't been eating as much
Is this because there greeting more from the better light

Back
Top Bottom