angler fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the research I've done, 99% of people say no - that they are cannibals and one will try to eat the other.

I have found a couple video's online of a girl who has two different types that live together and actuall walk all over each other, and nothing seems to happen. Better safe than sorry though in my book.

The fish would have to be bigger than the angler, and grow faster than the angler. They can eat fish as big as themselves.

Sorry to revive this old thread. But what the heck is an angler. Tried googling it and I find nothing even under images.

Here is my little guy:

Attachments

• image-1548226998.jpg
    image-1548226998.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 190
Liveaquaria - Diver's Den. You basically have to sit there refreshing the fish page @ 6:00p Eastern time when they add the new fish in order to get one fast enough.

TLTGF said:
Here is my little guy:

Do you have him in a reef tank?
Thinking about getting one but live aquaria says the sargassum is the only one completely reef safe but I like the look of a wartskin alot better!

armyman16 said:
Do you have him in a reef tank?
Thinking about getting one but live aquaria says the sargassum is the only one completely reef safe but I like the look of a wartskin alot better!

Mine is in the beginnings of a reef tank. He is going to be a lone fish once he eats his Chromis friend. ;)

They are coral safe, but will generally eat any fish / invert they can fit in their giant mouth.

I've heard they don't bother hermits or snails - just shrimp and fish.

Im telling you man that chromis will be in there forever! Its a true fox and the hound story! (if you have seen the movie you will understand.. Lol)

Back
Top Bottom