Anyone ever had a jade filefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbhardy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking into a semi reef safe aptaisia muncher how well does a jade filefish do?

can't say about the filefish, but peppermint shrimp are excellent aiptasia munchers.

Can't do shrimp my Lunar and my Flame Hawk eat them too fast. My tank isn't established well enough for a sensitive butterfly. So any other thoughts are appreciated.

AwfulArabella said:
I have a matte filefish and he sorted my aptasias

Sorry hit send accidentally , I had aptasias really bad and really big and he ate them all up in 3 days the two huge ones took him the extra two days

Nope not at all, I had a pair of clowns and they started really going at him and he didn't even fight back or act bothered he just kept doing his own thing :)

Well that answers my concern. I will get the ugly guy and see what he can do for me. Thanks for the input.

I thought they were ugly to but when you see them out of the fish shop and there in your own thank there the cutest thing not a problem :) just glad I actually knew something haha I'm new to keeping fish

I also had a matted filefish. Mine picked at my snails when I bought them and dropped them in the tank. (only if they landed up-side down.) they are a pretty cool fish if you ask me.

Also mine didn't eat aptasia but with these little guys it's kind of always hit or miss..

Thanks. I bought one he's currently in QT. headed for DT next saturday.

Yeah mine picks a bit but it's mainly if something has something yummy on it haha cause recently got a nudibranch and he loves picking stuff off him, how's he getting on?

He is not shy at all. Still in QT but when someone goes to look at him he comes right up to the glass to check em out. Seems real curious. I worry though kinda wish he hid more because I have a Lunar Wrasse in my DT that will pick him apart when he goes in if he doesn't hide and mind his distance.

I'm sure he'll learn they are really curious little things I got a long spine urchin today and he was straight over I was really nervous especially because the urchin went straight to we're the file fish sleeps do you no if urchins are toxic to fish ? Or just humans ?

Idk I assume they are but unless they are the natural diet for the fish it will probably leave it alone anyway. I have a red spiney and a blue tuxedo. My lunar at all the crabs and snails but leaves the stars and urchins alone

I hope they stay away I'm just afraid they won't no what he is my gurnard gets pretty close to him when she swims around what else do you have In your tank?

Posted on my profile I think the blue tuxedo is the only thing not listed.

Very nice I love the flame angel I've been eyeing them up for a while but I was told to add them next to last to add in

Mine I added with the coral beauty and they are not the dominant fish in the tank so they are really not aggressive yet and get along well. Even hideout together. But I added them at the same time. I wasn't going to do the flame angel because I had a flame hawk so my red fish was covered but had him for a couple months and didn't see him not one time. Then one day there he was on top of the rocks so I reached in with the net he swam right in so I traded him in on the dwarf angels.

Back
Top Bottom