Attaching M. Capricornis to Back Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok so I want My M. Capricornis attached to the back of the tank.. I went out and got some Devcon Marine/Plastic Epoxy putty.. It is supposed to be safe as others have used it for attaching frags and is Safe to use on pipes so it must be food safe lol.. Anyways I have tried just about everything to get this frag to stick to the glass.. I have tried going like this.. Frag-Superglue-Epoxy-superglue-glass and it will not stay.. Please help......

TIA,
James

try tape.. :p jk.. the stuff you used is about all i can think of.. chances are the damn thing probably wont ever stick to the glass

Ok I was able to Finally get it taken care of.. I used the same method as I Tried with the Frag-superglue-epoxy-superglue-glass and used a piece of LR to hold it in place for about an 1 1/2 hours.. It seems to be stable and holding in place now... I tried getting some pics with My in-laws 3.2mp Samsung V3 but wasnt able to get a good pic.. Seems like my Fuji 1.3 takes better macro than the samsung.. Anyways when My cheap 1.3mp batteries get charged I will take a pic..

Thanks Again,
James

Try to make sure a piece of the cap is touching the glass. You want it to encrust as quickly as possible onto the glass to take the pressure off the glue.

How do you suppose I do this??? It is already glued to the glass as seems to be holding pretty well.. should I remove it and reattach where the side or something is touching the glass? Or since its already glued hope and pray that It encrusts rather quickly?

TIA,
James

I'd hope and pray, LOL, it's probably been stressed enough. Now go to bed, it's 4:22am.
Not here Its only 1:25am.. I have about 2 more hours before my NORMAL bedtime lol.. I have 3 more episodes Of Law & Order SVU that I plan on watching before bed... I will hope and pray that everything is ok and it doesnt fall... It seemed to be doing good and stopped sliming pretty quickly..

Thanks Again Kev,
James

BTW when I get my Nikon 995 or Fuji s5000 you are going to have a real competitor in them photo contests lol Be Prepared lol...

you are going to have a real competitor in them photo contests

LOL, I think you are the one that need to be ready ;) I've had serious competition in everyone I've entered....and lost most of them ;)

I'd hope and pray, LOL, it's probably been stressed enough
Well It didnt hold for too long it just fell down a little bit ago.. Got any better Ideas Kevin???

TIA,
James

Make sure the glass is clean, and use a couple of coats of supergle only. Put on a healthy dab, let it set outside the tank for a few seconds...place it against the glass, hold for about 10-15 seconds. Pull the coral off the glass, the glue should be real tacky at this point, put another dab of glue right where you put the last one and put the coral back in, hold for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't work...you might not be able to do it.

Ok I will try that.. I will put a rock under it for a few days to give it even more support..

Thanks again Kevin..

James

Back
Top Bottom