boggled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twilyte

Aquarium Advice Regular
wowee.. hi guys.:) a little while ago, my parents bought gorgonians.. an orange one and a white one.. both apparently filter feeders as they have the little polyps. but thats not the point. i was looking closely at the white one.. and i noticed a little.. what appears to be a serpent starfish of some kind wrapped around a branch. i watched it for days, to be sure.. carefully poked it.. it moved.. its a living thing. i looked up baby serpent stars.. it looks a heck of a lot like one. heres what boggles me:
we previously bought a dark reddish/brownish kinda serpent star who is doing quite well. could it have had a baby? i dont think it did, just a thought. i went to bob fenner's WWM website looked in the FAQs.. he mentioned a lot about white starfish.. but this one is a black color with white kinda spines around it. is this what he meant? its very small. from one arm to another is maybe a little bigger than a dime, as the arms are long and extremely thin. im thinking it perhaps hitchhiked onto the gorgonian before we bought it. any idea?

im thinking it perhaps hitchhiked onto the gorgonian before we bought it. any idea?

my guess as well :)

Back
Top Bottom