1 gallon nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Couple of easy basic corals, live rock, dwarf coral banded and baby emerald. One snail in there as well and just added the red algae.

Looking for a baby serpent star.

Loving it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220726_001908473.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220726_001908473.MP.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 86
Love the picos, yours is micro!

Mermaid Tail, Pencil or shaving Brush Macro would be fun. I'm hoping to do a little one in the future but probably my ole 6.6G. My favorite crab would be the Pom Pom.

And the mini Brittle star is also my favorite!!! There are a few online sellers.

I love these tiny tanks, I miss mine!!!.

Do you have a larger SW?

Do you still have this tank running? Update? I did end up getting a 5G cube size (probably will move it to my 12G eventually so there is room for my Red Mangroves vase which have gotten bigger / doubled in size in the last year or so.)

While the ability of having these mini tanks has gotten easier over the years, the sad reality to them is that almost everything that is put in them will outgrow them in a fairly short amount of time. Encrusting organisms will overtake them if not constantly trimmed. The costs for the supplements that make stoney corals grow can be costly. But most of all, it is still too easy to screw up a small volume of water vs a larger volume of water. :( I've had or worked with marine tanks and systems from 1 gal to 1200 gallons and I assure you, the larger tanks were way easier to maintain. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom