Both of these aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duncantse

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are both of these aiptasia or not?

Attachments

• tmpphpSPXGvz.jpg
    tmpphpSPXGvz.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 182
It looks like aiptasia to me. Kill them while there are only two, they get out of hand very quickly. I use aiptasia x, it seems to work.

Hi there yip they sure are freind go and get your self some lemon shrimp from your lfs before they get to big if they get to big they release spores and spread al over i have them also the shrimp wil gourg on them if they are amall enough just make sure that the shrimp are true lemon's tgere are 4 species of them the true one's have what looks like a white coat hope this helps ........

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I would not buy an animal to deal with them. There are quite a few different ones that "can" eat aiptasia, but that does not mean that they will. Buying something that you don't really like or want is never a good idea. I have done it and regret it. Aiptasia x is what I use, just make sure you follow the instructions. I have heard good things about kalkwaser paste also. Don't try to remove them manually they will break up and spread all over the place. And try to deal with them sooner rather than later so they don't multiply. Good luck.

Turbosnail said:
I would not buy an animal to deal with them. There are quite a few different ones that "can" eat aiptasia, but that does not mean that they will. Buying something that you don't really like or want is never a good idea. I have done it and regret it. Aiptasia x is what I use, just make sure you follow the instructions. I have heard good things about kalkwaser paste also. Don't try to remove them manually they will break up and spread all over the place. And try to deal with them sooner rather than later so they don't multiply. Good luck.

I dont like putting chemical's in my tank i try and keep it naturaul as possible the lemon's work for me i have heard reports about the aptasis x it can kill other surrunding corals but if it works dont fix it good luck .....

I turn off the flow in the tank when I use aiptasia x, it becomes harmless in a few minutes after that I turn the flow back on. I have had no damage to surrounding corals, After I turn the flow back on my anemones will grab some of the inert aiptasia x and eat it, they have no damage either. Also I have seen my fish eat it and they have no adverse effects. I an not saying that the shrimp don't work, you just can't ever tell what an animal will or will not feel like eating. Just my 2¢

Also where can I read about a lemon shrimp? Everything I found was about cooking shrimp in lemon juice lol. I have never heard of one and cannot find anything on google. Do you mean peppermint shrimp?

Is the kaltweiser paste any good i know of calcium liquid you can inject them with but when u you go near them they go into them self's they are frustrating lol .....

I have not tried it. Thats a really cool thing about the aiptasia x, they seem to love it then when they eat it it is a different story lol.

Turbosnail said:
I have not tried it. Thats a really cool thing about the aiptasia x, they seem to love it then when they eat it it is a different story lol.

So this aptasia x do u just set a bit on ther mouth as such and they take it in would that be rite or it it a liquid based chemical ....?

It is a liquid, but when it contacts saltwater it kind of clumps up. You squirt it out of a syringe, and cover the oral disk of the aiptasia, then they swallow it. You treat each aiptasia individually, not the whole tank.

I take it you have to be quick lol i might give it a go it's been untresting talking to you freind talk soon again hopefully cheers ......

I have used aiptasia x for a few years now and the trick is to {feed} it to them slowly,

Do you get a suringe with it to apply it ....?

Pinky77 said:

Yea sorry i meant peppermint shrimp was thinking of lemon juice injection it works to im a wally sorry ...

Yes, you get two...A straight one and a bent one which makes it easy to get in those hard to get areas.

If you don't want to add anything to your tank thats not water just boil some and put it in a syringe and directly squirt it onto the aiptasias. Also I've never heard of lemon shrimps, sure your not thinking Peppermint shrimps?

Mitchell0605 said:
If you don't want to add anything to your tank thats not water just boil some and put it in a syringe and directly squirt it onto the aiptasias. Also I've never heard of lemon shrimps, sure your not thinking Peppermint shrimps?

Yea sorry im a wally i was thinking of injecting them with lemon lol my mistake cheers .....

i'm told aptasia-x is just kalkwasser paste. i use kalkwasser paste myself. put a glob right on the mouth, then when it closes up, put another glob on the remains. done.

mr_X said:
i'm told aptasia-x is just kalkwasser paste. i use kalkwasser paste myself. put a glob right on the mouth, then when it closes up, put another glob on the remains. done.

Did i read somewere that you can get a yupe of paste that seals it so it cant eat and starves it ....?

Back
Top Bottom