Bubble tip Anemone VS Aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carbon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a brand new bubble tip Anemone for my clown fish however it seems reluctant to move out and about the tank from behind my LR, I belive this is due to aptasia and hydroids that are next to it are stinging her. I was wondering if anyone has some advice on if aptasia X is harmfull to my anemone (after all aptasia is an anemone) and how to get rid of those hydroids.. It looks as if she would venture out and possibly be happier if she had some room away from the aptasia and hydroids, I just dont want to kill her in an atempt to rid the area of those pests.

Aiptasia X and Joe's Juice will kill any anemone. If you use it around your BTA do it carefully. It would take a large dose to kill your BTA but you still don't want to get the product on it.

I just got a brand new bubble tip Anemone for my clown fish however it seems reluctant to move out and about the tank from behind my LR, I belive this is due to aptasia and hydroids that are next to it are stinging her.
Doubtful. If by "just got", you mean today, its going to take some time for the anemone to acclimate. It will wander if it is unhappy until it finds it spot it wants to call home. Unless this aptasia is some super sized pest, the BTA is just starting to get acclimated.

... It looks as if she would venture out and possibly be happier if she had some room away from the aptasia and hydroids, I just dont want to kill her in an atempt to rid the area of those pests.
No guarantees with new additions, especially anemones. They will wander where they want. More importantly, how long has your tank been running, what size is it and what are you water parameters and what kind of lighting are you employing?

Tank info button.

I didn't check it either. You are probably going to need a bit more light for the BTA to be happy. BTAs get most of their energy from lighting.

Back
Top Bottom