Bubbles on LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been getting bubbles building up on some of my lr, I have very little algae to speak of and i cant figure out where the bubbles are coming from, any ideas????

id your skimmer shooting out bubbles? and/or do you have any air stones under or very close to the rock?

No skimmer bubbles and no airstones, this really has me puzzled. It acts like a cyno outbreak or something of the likes but their is no or little algae to support this theory. I dunno

is there denitrification in your tank? i had a lot of that a while ago and my rocks got covered in bubbles too.

Do you have a DSB to remove nitrates(4 inches or more)? That will be denitrification which turns the nitrates into gas form.

I do believe this was it. My no3 had raised up to 5 when the bubbles were on the rock, today the no3 is 0 and no bubbles. I had noticed a few bubbles coming from the dsb as well which would stand true to this theory, Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom