Built triggerfish tough!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dary421

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you may or not know ,I have a picaso triggerfish named " psycho" which is quite content swimming up and down and around one side of the tank,UNTIL, you put your finger in the tank to do something and then he darts across the tank and takes a nasty bite outa you..,every time he bites you the first thing you do is to react by jerking your hand back and then check to see if you're bleeding. You really never see him coming.
So the other day I'm putting some " nori" on a clip to feed the munchers when psycho attacked again, he bit me on the underside of my index fingers knuckle and instinctively I jerked my hand back but then I couldn't find psycho anywhere,....I took out a flashlight and shined it all around the tank but could not find him,...I then took out a step stool , climbed up on it and tried to see over the top of my tank to see if possibly I had flipped him over the tank and onto the floor,..yep there he lay on the tiled floor between the wall and the tanks cabinet a whole 4 or 5 inches of space.
I tried reaching over my sump to get him but my arms were about a foot and a half too short,...sooo , I had to get a long algea scraper and try to reach around and try and push him to a section past the sump to where I could reach him,...after a few attempts, I could feel him so I got a hold of him him and then he starts biting the crap outa me while I'm trying to get him into the water.
Long story short,...that fish had to fly at least 5 feet in the air and then land on the tiled floor, pushed along the floor by a scraper and had been out of the water for a good 5 minutes!!!.... Once in the tank he stayed in the rocks for about an hour then slowly started to come out,..it's now been a couple of days and I'm glad to report that " pyscho" is back to himself again, even tried to bite me yesterday! Just thought you guys might wanna hear about how tough some of these critters really can be!!!

and thats the reason i dont like aggressive fish lol

amdninjaboy said:
Thats a funny story, good to hear all is well with Psycho but how is ur finger??

Its nice that he's still small but if he grows another inch or two ill be called " stubby"... Somrtimes he'll come up and let you rub him behind his eyes .., just his way of setting you up so he can bite you!

Back
Top Bottom