Calcium test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevecarter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anybody have any suggestions on calcium test kits? I like FasTest test kits, but I haven't been able to find refills. Does anybody have any other suggestions, or know where to get refills for the FasTest ones? I appreciate your suggestions.
-Steve

I'm very impressed with the Seachem Ca. test kit. I dont know what it costs cause Seachem sent it to me free when they felt bad that I OD'd my tank with Alk. and Ca. Causing my tangs to die :(

Plus I heard it is very accurate.

Rich

IMO and what seems to be the opinion of most others, the best kits out there are Sailfert(sp) and seachem. I personally use seachem and am happy with them.

brndfrb,
Does the Salifert kit test use a syringe like the seachem?

I just got a Salifert Mg. test kit today and like the setup. I'm wondering if all the saliferts use this type of setup(syringes)?

Rich

Yes, saliferts use a syringe for CA and ALK test kits. I use and like salifert kits, I have used seachem in the past and would use them again if need be, the only two test kits that have gotten my "it'll be a cold day in hades before I use these again", are fastest and red sea. Aquarium Systems are the makers of fastest and IO, I sent them a sample of my IO and they replaced a bag for me and sent me a reference for CA and ALK, and a free CA and ALK kit. Niether were even close to accurate, and my salifert kits were right on the money.

Back
Top Bottom