can torch touch hammer or frogspawn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are of the same family etc. Heres the full and accurate:
Euphyllia (Hammer, Torch and Fox Corals)

Class Anthozoa, Order Scleractinia, Family Euphyllidae, Genera Euphyllia and Nemenzophyllia

I'm not sure. They all have some really nasty and potent stingers on em though. Be careful if you do try. I think that it would be ok though. Do just take me word though, let others say stuff.

I used to know the answer to this, but i have not had a torch in a while so i forgot, i know frogspawn and hammer can touch but i think torch, is diffrent.

I've never had two at the same time or anything other than a hammer so I'm out for helpfullness although the closeness of the species IMO means they can probably touch. But if you have a faint doubt I would follow it up.

Alright i was right torch cant touch the other two it will kill them, knew i remembered something being diff about the torch.... Cool well now i need to work on a placement spot for the torch :)

You want them 5-6 inches apart as they have sweeper tentacles that will sting corals if they feel they are being encroached upon.

Back
Top Bottom