Can't beleive it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I guess if you fall on hard times you already have a ready "gourmet" food supply. LOL. But really, that is kinda harsh but they have been fishing for oscars for years.

That is terrible. They will probably get fished out just like every other fish they thought was good "game". I enjoy fishing in areas of fresh water that are stocked every year so that the damage to the natural environment is minimal. In a lake by my house they had Sand Bass which are smaller size fish that put up a great fight, but they wanted bigger fish so they release the Stripped Bass and it began eating all of the Sand Bass fry. So next they crossed the two and started releasing the hybrids. As humans we can really mess things up. Sorry about my rant, I will get off my soap box now.

Not really what I would call a sport. Now give the fish a can of beer on the end of a line and well call it even. (and a sport) 8)

that are stocked every year so that the damage to the natural environment is minimal
I think the fact that they have to stock it every year means the damage has already been done. Don't get me wrong, I love trout fishing, but it's about a 3 hour drive to anywhere w/ native trout from where I am. People do tend to take more than what is enough when hunting/fishing IME.

Hola from Montana, the land of fishing and hunting. My hometown(Miles City, MT) has one of the largest fish hatcheries on earth, it's pretty cool really. Anywho, they stock a number of man made lakes in the area with different types of fishies, and there are VERY strict laws as to how many fish you can take per day here in montana. It takes a lot of trial and error, but it is possible to have sport and nature co-exist.

I urge anyone who feels at all strongly about this topic to review your states conservation laws on the topic, you might be surprised to find out just how lacking that they really are!!!

Good day...

Back
Top Bottom