Changing clownfish hosting coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two clownfish that have decided to host in my goniopora and I don't think they are doing it any favours. They have been hosting in there for about three weeks. I'm wondering about moving them out of there but not sure how. One of them originally hosted somewhat in the torch that I have but they both moved towards the goniopora. I was thinking of putting the coral in the QT tank for a few days, obviously the lighting is not the same in the hopes of moving them off. What will that do to the fish? What will that do to the coral? Any other ideas?

Thanks...Steve

The fish will be fine and after some time will find another place to hang out. They will probably host the torch.
No telling what will happen when the gonipora goes back in. You have to decide between them.

The only reason I want to move the fish is because I think they are hurting the coral. It hasn't fully opened up since they moved in. Not sure what to do.

Steve

They will probably end up killing the Coral. Ever thought of putting an anemone in the tank??

I've got my eye on a purple bubble tip anemone from a buddy but it hasn't split yet so I'm holding on. Apparently it's gotten to the size of a football. What's the saying...a watched anemone doesn't split!!!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom