clown fish host

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an ocellaris clown and i was wondering what they like to host. I have heard they are very picky. And i know it is not gaurenteed to be a match but what would work.

A. ocellaris clown = false perc...A. percula = true perc.

My true perc has adopted my button polyps and hangs out in the star polyps occasionally.

No it worked thank you. I just got another true perc. Hopefully they will be a mated pair. One of them is very dar vary dark and has lots of black. the other does not have much black and is a very light orange. Hopefully that is a female. If they are male and female will it still take them a while to get used to eachother. And how long does it usually take for a clown to host something? Can it take a while if they are even going to do it?

brndfrb said:
One of them is very dar vary dark and has lots of black. the other does not have much black and is a very light orange. Hopefully that is a female.
Color hasn't anything to do with it really. The larger of the two will become/be the female depending on their size at this point. If they are still quite small, they will either both be males or nueters. As they grow and become sexually mature, then a pairing may occur. For now they will most likely just keep each other company.. :wink:

I am a bit confused by the following though:
I have an ocellaris clown and i was wondering what they like to host
I just got another true perc
Do you have 2x A. percula or one of each?

Cheers
Steve

well at the lfs the tag just said percula clown. I didn't mean to say ocellaris. sorry about that. So i am guessing they are true percs. could be false.

If you think they are both percs, the color difference could be one is TR. They are sometimes less colorful than wild but IMO just as nice if not better when it comes to the "ecology".

Cheers
Steve

My user name @aquariumadvice.com

I can alter the file size and post them or PM them back for you to post. Your choice :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I say percula but here it is... Even though TR, they are not always dull in color. I have them as well and you couldn't tell the difference.

Cheers
Steve

i hope they are the same type and very small. I bought 2 percs on different occasions and 1 killed the other...A mated pair is one bought at teh same time that are kept by themselves... otherwise, 2 small ones will take there place and develop as a pair

Back
Top Bottom