Clowns!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewposi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a pair of false percs and i recently added another on from my mothers tank because it was getting picked on. they are all getting along fine and i really want to add an anenome i tried a long tentacle about 5 months ago had it for a few weeks they wouldnt go in it so i got rid of it im thinking this time im going to try a bta or maybe a ritters should i buy one from my lfs that already has a clown in it in hopes of him helping mine find it or just let them try to find it by themselves?

There is no guarentee that your clowns will ever go to it. It's a hit or miss.

Are you clowns Tank Raised? I've personally noticed that Tank Raised Clowns are FAR less likely to go to an Anenome than wild clowns.

As far as an Anenome already having clowns, unless you buy the clowns that are in it, than it wouln't make any difference.

My $0.02

-TheChad

If I understand, you now have 3 false percs? If so, one will end up being the odd man out and it will get picked on, possibly to the point of death.
And I agree there is no guarantee the clowns will go into any anemone.

What I'm saying is I'm thinking of finding an anenome that already has a a perc host in hopes of him teaching my others they can go in. my friend did it and it worked and i figure that that will mean i will have 4 false percs and nobody will get picked on (hopefully) and i think two of them are tank bred but the one that i recently put in there from my moms tank was born in the wild. so I'm really just going try a theory i think will Probably work i was just kind of curious if anyone had done this before or heard about it.

I can almost guarantee you that 4 clowns will not live together in one anemone in a 55 gal tank. If two pair up, it is possible they will take to the anemone.
I think your looking for problems down the road. I know how territorial my mated clowns are in my 75 and I could not even imagine trying to put any others in there. IMO a 55 is way to small to try to keep 2 pairs of clowns.

well this is a funny story, so the first two i had were a pair, never left eachothers side one got big the other stayed smaller, well the smaller male got sick starting losing his color getting black spots on him and the people at my lfs said that he had a clownfish disease. since then the female or bigger one fights with him all day they are no longer a pair but since i put this new clown in they the female and the new one are now hanging out and not bothering the diseased one at all its been like 2 weeks now. so im thinking about just getting rid of the diseased clown and putting a bta in and just hope that the "new" pair will host it. although i really want to find one with a host already like i said in hopes that he will teach them others.

Back
Top Bottom