Coral placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the corals I have glued then I have used superglue gel with cyanoacrylate and it has been fine and hasn't caused any problems

I glue it all down
img_2159971_0_cf557899c24a2549755d5bfb01ef14a9.jpg

The glue I use

img_2159971_1_bec7125f38245e551993f703d94834d7.jpg

I enjoy not having to rearrange my coral everyday

So as long as the glue has cyanoacrylate then it should be fine underwater?

Cyanoacrylate is an ingredient that allows the glue to be fast acting which is ideal for corals. Less time, less stress is the way I see it

Has any one here been to Fintastic in Charlotte? It's a huge store and they have just about any coral you could think of.

ZacksFlowerhorn123 said:
Has any one here been to Fintastic in Charlotte? It's a huge store and they have just about any coral you could think of.

There very expensive, & have poor quality fish & coral IMO.

So as long as the glue has cyanoacrylate then it should be fine underwater?

Yes, and make sure it's gel. The Loctite Ultra control is what I have as well, and it's a good glue. I don't remember where I read it, but a good tip I picked up around here..... if you want to attach a frag really good, get yourself some aquarium safe epoxy putty. When you mix a little bit, put a dab of CA gel on the bottom of your frag, press the putty into it, and then put a little more CA gel on the bottom of the putty where you're going to press it to the rock. Since the putty takes a while to cure, the CA will hold it in place while it does.... works like a champ.

that loctite works really well i used it in all my tanks to glue down corals

Back
Top Bottom