Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, what even is the current stocking anymore? Wrasses can be pretty hit or miss together, but this is a sizeable system too.

I was reading on live aquaria this am about compatibility re wrasses and it looks like Laura’s Xmas wrasse is out for sure , I think another Luna wrasse might work but I’ll delve into this a little later on

IMG_1239.jpghere’s a picture ( I hope ) of mr.blue ,.... he doesn’t hold still very long for a good picture

Thank you !...hope you guys had a safe family get together too.
My tanks been kind of on hiatus for the last year or so after losing all my monti’s and sps due to having to power off my skimmer for a couple of weeks .,anyways I decided to get back into the SPS and LPS swing again and I’ve ordered a few pieces of monti caps ,a birds nest and a “ stunner chalice “ frag etc.
I’ve always loved and have done very well with the monti Capricornis’s so tomorrow I’ve got to harvest a mound of softies to make room for the new rock I’ve been saving for the event .
It’s kinda getting exciting again !

Just a quick little update,.... the powder blue tang has officially joined the team and now hangs out consistently with the other critters,... he’s got a voracious appetite when it comes to any Nori or other dried seaweeds,.... so far he hasn’t gotten into the mysis shrimp or masstick like the other guys have yet but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time .

Glad to hear its all working out. It's about time you got your fish you always wanted.

Hank,...this is actually my 3 rd attempt at keeping a pbt,... the other 2 lasted exactly 9 months each ,... this particular pbt seems so different from the other ones ,kinda hard to explain but he seems content or adapted.
I’m trying really hard to have this guy for a long long time.

For the last year or two I’ve been trying very hard to avoid going down to my lfs ,...reasoning being it’s like a fat lady going into a sees candy store,....but today for some reason I swung by on my way home from work and bought a few coral pieces ,... a beautiful green monti Capricornis ( pic does it no justice ) , and a bright Martian green chalice (?) ,... IMG_1290.jpgIMG_0084.jpgIMG_0085.jpga double pink hammer or frog egg,.....so goes the Xmas budget !!!
My god this hobby is pricey !!! Oh well,we’re all on lock down with the COVID situation so what the #@$& , ,... new critters coming in tomorrow too. Lol

Nice pieces Dary. And hey, can’t take it with you. May as well enjoy. It’s great lockdown therapy.

I keep telling myself that ,... lol,...it’s all cool ,...I’ve got most of my Xmas shopping taken care of anyways.. I’m trying to convince myself that I need to visit the lfs again next week for some more Xmas cheer !

There you go! [emoji16]. Made a stop there myself. Lost my Naso Tang a couple weeks ago so I decided to try a Lamarck’s Angel that they had.

Hey Sean,... how long did you have the Naso tang? Around 4 o’clock this morning while all the residents were asleep and the corals were shrunken up I removed a basket ball size wad of kenya tree coral that was taking up some valuable real estate destined for the latest urban renewal project for some Lps and Sps that are arriving at a alarming rate lol . Ah , it’s all good ,... good therapy as they said .

Last edited:
Hey Dary, had the Naso about 5 years. He was a “gift” from my lfs as he was brought in by another client because he got the crap beat out of him. Pectoral fins and tail were shredded. Left pectoral fin never recovered. He was a great eater, always active, and never bullied in my tank. Other than the one pectoral fin he fully recovered. One day he’s swimming and eating. Next day he’s stuck to the power head. I’ve learned over the years that sometimes there’s no obvious reason.

I’m on a bit of a Lobo tear these days.

Hey Dary, had the Naso about 5 years. He was a “gift” from my lfs as he was brought in by another client because he got the crap beat out of him. Pectoral fins and tail were shredded. Left pectoral fin never recovered. He was a great eater, always active, and never bullied in my tank. Other than the one pectoral fin he fully recovered. One day he’s swimming and eating. Next day he’s stuck to the power head. I’ve learned over the years that sometimes there’s no obvious reason.

I’m on a bit of a Lobo tear these days.

Hey Sean, nothing wrong with lobos ! , they’re beautiful and don’t take up too much territory. my lfs has some beautiful hammer frags and other beauties at beautiful prices,...so now that I’ve made some space for them it’s time to strike before they’re gone.
Keeping a naso tang or other saltwater fish for 5 years or so is a pretty good indication that you were doing something right .

Thanks Dary. I try pretty hard to make sure their survivability is as long as possible. My lfs is pretty picky about who they sell to and won’t carry species with low survival rates so that anyone can buy them (I.e. Mandarins). For those they know are skilled they will special order for. I’ve actually seen them refuse someone that was looking for 6 yellow tangs for their 55g.

Those sound like fantastic pieces. Scoop them up.

Sounds like a good lfs that cares about the fish more than the sales,... in actuality, they’re doing the customer a big service by not selling them something that’s not going to make it ,.. if the customer keeps buying stuff that just dies they’re going to get very discouraged and are not going to stay in the hobby very long.
With that being said ,I’ve got my shopping list together for after work tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom