feeding lawnmower benny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got a new lm blenny and he really don't have much algea in my tank to graze on so what should i feed him since he's a herbivore. Should i get the marine seaweed selects and if so what coler green,brown or red, i'm ordering it today if that is what i need. thanks

You can try that and maybe some mysis or brine. Now for the bad news. Lawnmowers have a poor survival rate in the aquarium once the algea goes away because they usually dont adapt to another type of food. Hopefully you`ll write back and tell me I was wrong but I`ve heard too many horror stories. Yes there have been the exceptions but they are few and far between. I hope yours is the exception. But yes try the seaweed selects. Maybe even a few pieces of LR as they will have some types of algea growing on them. Have a good day.

I just had one die. I did everything I could to get him to eat prepared foods. I even changed out 25% of my LR. This guy was much harder than my mandarin. At least with the mandarin I can get cultured pods....I couldn't get cultured algae :(

i have had mine for almost a year,he is the life of the tank,lol.mine wont touch the algae i put on his clip,but he pickes around the tank(not much algae either)but im lucky he eats flake food

i'm trying the seaweed selects. I drove 2 hours taday to get some and when i put it in he picks at it a little so i'm praying for now. Thanks

I've had my Lawnmower Blenny for 2 yrs now.. He's adapted to flake food too. I use "Ocean Nutrition" formula 2. The blenny still comes out to put lip marks "Kisses" on the algea that I do leave growing on one side of my tank. But does well with the flakes..

Back
Top Bottom