Feeding the fish a balanced diet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stradt03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been trying to feed my fish a balanced diet however, my lion and porc. puffer will only eat krill, my clowns, banner fish, and yellow tang will all eat the seaweed, krill, and my omega one pellets.

my question is if there is something else i should try to feed them so that they get a nice balanced diet or will the krill suffice.

thanks in advance

Jason

Well, with the lion you could offer pieces of silversides and alternate that with his krill. The puffer you could offer clams as another food alternative. The fish themselves, you could offer some mysid shrimp and/or some cyclop-eeze as another option off and on to vary the diet even more.

Might want to try a nice Frozen Food that is a mix of different ingredients. (One that is geared toward a saltwater community not just say "Trigger Formula"

Variety is the key. Keep trying things until you find something they like. Be very careful not to over-fed, as it will degrade water quality. You can try adding a garlic product to the food to stimulate appitite. Don't for get, feeding a balanced diet also consists of soaking the food in suppliments and addatives before feeding the tank. I soak my mysis and krill in garlic extreme, selcon and vita-chem before adding it.

As Lando said, variety is the key. I use blender mush which is a 'blend' of different fish, clams, squid, cyclop-eeze, Selcon, garlic-xtreme and nori. My next batch will also include some peas or broccoli

I also change that up with some pellet foods on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom