Filter too strong for fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so on Monday I bought a Bangaii Cardinal. (1st fish :D) When I got him home and put my Fluval U4 on he really seemed to be pushed around by the current coming off it. He is only 15 weeks old so should I wait until he is a bit older and try again or put it on and see if he adapts. I have the Juwel default filter so there is still plenty of filtration for one tiny fish but I plan to get another soon. Also does anyone know if there is a way that you can weaken the current on the Fluval.
Thanks for any advice.
Eddy

I'm not familiar with the particular model, but could you add a spraybay to the outlet so the flow is more spread out?

My tank is 6 weeks old and fully cycled. My filter has a spray bar but the Bangaii still seems blown around and struggles to swim against it (so it seems unless he's just playing in the current) thanks for the advice guys keep it coming :D

IDK, these fish are used to the ocean tides and currents,,IMO i don't think you can have too much flow or current in a tank,theres got to be some place in the tank he can get away from it if he wanted to,he's probably just playing

Back
Top Bottom