Flame Angel and Potters pygmy angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JVS__RAMBO

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to put both fish in my reef tank. I've been doing research on it and they say to acclimate them together and you won't have a problem with them fighting, but I want to have corals which I only have a piece of live rock with some mushroom frags and zoanthid frags on it. I'm just getting started with it. Do you think I can add them. Oh and my tank just cycled about a week ago to and I have 2 Occ Clowns, Lawnmower blenny, and a purple fire fish goby think I should go for it and one more question what about adding a frog spawn or should I wait?

Not now. Give your tank some time before adding anything else, it sounds like you're going reallllly fast.

JVS__RAMBO said:
I want to put both fish in my reef tank. I've been doing research on it and they say to acclimate them together and you won't have a problem with them fighting, but I want to have corals which I only have a piece of live rock with some mushroom frags and zoanthid frags on it. I'm just getting started with it. Do you think I can add them. Oh and my tank just cycled about a week ago to and I have 2 Occ Clowns, Lawnmower blenny, and a purple fire fish goby think I should go for it and one more question what about adding a frog spawn or should I wait?

Don't do it.

1. The two will fight to the death of one of them.
2.Both are coral nippers.
3.don't believe everything you read on websites that are selling the fish,they are like LFS,trying to make money.

I had a flame angel that munched on my corals. I`ve made the "no dwarf angels" pledge for my reef.

I've tried several dwarf angels in our tanks and every single one has eventually turned to the corals. So, I've made the same pledge.

I also think you should wait and allow your tank to mature before adding much of anything. Small frags would be about all that I'd recommend adding in the near term.

You are moving too fast, slow down a bit. I operate a 300 gallon reef that is 18 years old. It contains several angel fish, a coral beauty, a flame and a black tail angel. They are all over 5 years old. The coral beauty is the only one you can trust with coral. The flame picks every now and then, the black tail is relentless. I am lucky to have so much coral that none of the picking seems to be doing any long term damage, but I would not have bought the black tail had I known. Some flames pick, some don't. Mine all nip at each other, but again, the tank is big enough for there to be no damage done. None of the yellow angels, like lemon peels are safe for coral.

Reactions: HN1
I was just asking not adding any more fish for a while. In a few weeks I would like o add a frog spawn

Back
Top Bottom