Fuge size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, not only does it provide a safe place for pods but helps control PH swings, eats nitrates, and if large enough can be used as a "safety zone" for bullied fish

Absolutely no downsides to a properly setup fuge and you only benefit more the bigger you go lol

Ideally, I'd want my fuge the same size as my DT. Space and money limited me, but it's always better to have a bigger fuge. With a dsb, the benefits get even better. So go as big as you can, sand at least six inches deep, add some extra live rock, and you'll have a very clean tank!

Great!! Thanks for the help! This is exactly what I figured. Right now my entire sump is only 10gl for my 55gl and I've always thought it'd be easier if it was bigger!

Great!! Thanks for the help! This is exactly what I figured. Right now my entire sump is only 10gl for my 55gl and I've always thought it'd be easier if it was bigger!

I agree bigger fugi is better but disagree on dsb it works for awhile but eventually gets saturated with nutrients only do dsb if you have plenty of sandstirrers tongan nass are good for this i go with crushed lr in mine just enough for pods to populate

10g definitely doesn't give you much room to work with.... IMO, a 20 long would probably do you pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom