Gbta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my cleaner shrimp did all the work for me. It grab the food and ate it. What do you recommend feeding it? Just smaller peases of silverside?

Oh wow I'm just afraid that its not getting enough light from where it is

Well it is on the move

Attachments

• image-250833677.jpg
    image-250833677.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 117
Should I be concerned if it stays behind the rock for more than a day or two?

Should I be concerned if it stays behind the rock for more than a day or two?

IMO just let them do what they want, if they're not happy they will move until they are.

Here's a pic of my nem and it was out of sight for about or so.

Attachments

• image-842230500.jpg
    image-842230500.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 115
Haha thanks for the clarification, and a week without light? Seems like a long time and as I'm typing this its started to move again so maybe it'll find it's preferred spot tonight!

Just an idea... I had a recent experience with a RBTA. It came in looking ok, but went to a completely shaded part of the rock scape. it stayed there and started to bleach out. It was looking pretty ugly when I decided to point a light directly at it through the front pane. I did this for about a month and it completely turned around.

Pic of the anemone's spot and how light it was looking-
img_2600051_0_51a3bdf72ac31cf6ae992832204eb51f.jpg

and the LED lamp I aimed at it-
img_2600051_1_beb2174c0e914865d4bd5ec83226f570.jpg

The lamp itself-
img_2600051_2_d1a8267a53e4cc1194b5d0897f9775ad.jpg

And now-
img_2600051_3_87bef2d96b714f28ffcf1dd6751778d8.jpg

Wow mr. X that rbta is beautiful, are you suggesting that if it starts to bleach I should do something about it? Right now it's a dark green and it's open, it's just upside down on a under a rock, they rock work is laid out its like a shelf up againced the back wall so it's like a big cave for fish to hind out, and it's under there so very little to no light under where it is.

Yes. I am suggesting you do something. I would not try to pry it off of the rock though. If you can tilt the rock so it gets a bit more light that would be good. I'm talking about when it's health is in danger, not now. It may just creep around the rock and be fine. I was just giving one scenario where some intervention worked out.

Alright, thank you, I'm thinking that it will move to a more suitable place because it has not found a place it likes yet.

Another question for you, the clown in the picture of your nem now, was that tank raised or no? How did you get it to host?

It was a wild specimen. It went to the anemone immediately. I had a pair, but one of them jumped ship. I did Introduce a 2nd, tank raised clown, but it doesn't catch on and the original ocellaris doesn't want it near the anemones anyway.
They are friends when the original clown is anywhere in the tank besides the anemones though,....just not near them. I was, and still am hoping that they will get over that...

I also got a tank raised clown when I got the nem (because there was no wild ones at the store), it hasn't even noticed it, any tips you might have to get it to host once the nem has found a good spot? Iv read a couple different ways none with that great of a success rate, maybe you have a trick up your sleeve?

If I knew a trick, I would be doing it! I would love nothing more than the onyx and regular ocellaris I have in the tank to pair up.

Well ill try some things and iv I ever get it to host ill get back to you;)

I tried lots of tricks:

- taping and image of a clown in an anemone to the side of the tank
- slowly moving food into the anemone while the clowns were eating
- even thought of placing a video on my iPad and putting that on the side of the tank

I was giving up hope. Then one day, out of the blue, the female started hosting:

Then she let the male in:

They are both tank bred/raised. It has been almost 2 weeks now - the anemone has adjusted. And the only leave to eat. It is super cool. Just never give up hope!

Attachments

• image-2182553679.jpg
    image-2182553679.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3427556008.jpg
    image-3427556008.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom