Green chromis addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raker333

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just spent $11 on 2 green chromis (juv)
Just seeing if anyone has anything bad or good to say about them
I got them because they are not really shy fish and are pretty tank friendly.

These are the first fish in the tank.
downsized cleaning crew have been in there for a week or 2

I love chromis, but is your tank fully cycled yet? It seems to me that only a month or so ago you hadn't even started to cycle your tank. I hope you are not planning to use these chromis to do it! Forgive me if I missed something....

yes cycle is complete
Had LR with a lot of die off....it was smelly :)
all levels spiked and then went to 0 before I added anything
Started the tank Dec 16 just now added fish
N02 and NH3 stayed at 0 for 1 week before I added a downsized cleaning crew (signature)
It is a 29gal tank
I will watch the lvls for the next week or so and take then back to LFS if NH3 spikes at all.

It seems I have litle critters hanging on the glass... the chromis are running around the tank gorging themselves on the little brown specs (The specs move!!)
Guessing it is pods or something.... can anyone tell me?
What do pods look like?

:oops: I cycled with them many many years ago with my 1st tank, before I knew better... I kept them in my tank as part of my group... after all, making it through that torture, they deserved it! Right? They were great and I never had a problem with mine.

I too, cycled w/them and other damsels years ago... the first LFS we visited to get advice on starting a saltwater tank, told us that was how it's done... been proven since then that's cruel and needless. The poor things were troopers though, but we traded them in later, after tank was cycled. I plan on getting some more- they are beautiful and cheap little fish- I'm currently looking for the largest I can find- and 3 or 4 together. Tank has been estabished for years and of course so are the current tankmates. Chromis can hold their own! Good luck w/your newly cycled tank!

Brenden said:
I had a psycho chromis that killed itself by slamming into the glass. 8O TRUE!
They are quite active, mine never slows down till the lights go off. Still shocked he was able to kill himself with so much room in your tank though. Maybe he had too much room to get up to speed :twisted:

I only have one myself and he is always hungry and usually very tolerable to his tank mates. I haven’t seen him stake out any territory, it seems to just swim constantly.

Doh 1 died :(
Other one kept forcing it in the corner and not letting it come out.
I think it stressed it to death

All levels are fine
All tankmates are fine

mine twictches forward and backwards then sprints. seems like he on crack?!?!? when i first saw him doing it, i thought he was having a seizure. he does it all the time now.

Back
Top Bottom