green spot algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everybody. Im a freshie buy my GF has a SW. She has a 12 gallon nano which i believe is acrylic. She is getting some small hard green spot algea on the glass. Not the pink good algae from what i understand just small hard green spots the snails won't touch. How does she get that off?

They are the early form of the "pink good algae", which is called coralline. U can scrap the algae off with a sharp razor. HTH

sharp razor

It might be good to use a hard plastic scraper so you don't scratch the acrylic.
If she leaves it, it should turn pink and other colors (purple, I think), like on her LR.

oh ok... she is getting alot of that kind of algae on the back wall of the aquarium but this is starting to make it hard to see in from the front. Ill bet she wants to take it off the front and 1 side and leave it on the otherside and the back and the rocks.

I was wary about using a razor for fear of scratching the acrylic, maybe we will find a hard plastic scraper unless somebody else tells me its ok to use the metal ones. Some of this stuff is on a radius curve which we will be scraping so im wary about it.

I have a glass tank, and I use a plastic paint scraper. If you get to it quick enough, it won't be hard and a little easier to scrape off.

Back
Top Bottom