Horse shoe crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwfulArabella

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently bought a horse shoe crab and I haven't seen him since , is that normal I no they like to bury themselves but surely I should see some sign of him?

Some people don't see them for months. You may have to target feed because they usually eat small organisms in the sand and will separate them of the have size in them. What size tank is this in?

I guess it's normal. I bought one a month ago and it took him a few days to come out. Then, when he finally did venture out, he swam all over the tank, but he was upside down. He's chilled out within the last week and a half or so.

He's in 60 gallon tank hes tiny so it'll suit him for now, he came out the other day just after I wrote this haha he's happy enough how do you no if he's gettin food ? I no how to find him now I just gotta look for a little done in the sand that moves once in a while

I have had one for 6 months never seen him since I put him in the tank week ago he came out molted and he's gone again so must be normal

It is I asked the one of the girls in the fish shop she said they just like to bury themselves it totally normal

Back
Top Bottom