How long to use as a holding tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm setting up my 55g reef soon, all I have left to do is prime an paint the stand black which I will get done this week. Then this deal popped up in face book, somebody was selling two black clowns for $10 a piece. I ran an borrowed a 10g an I now plan to set it up with the filter off my current 10g reef (or at least the media) and swapping in a 55g awuaclear for the new 10g. I'm keeping the 10g bare bottom. Anyway, once I get my 55g up an running this week, I'm going on vacation for the later part of it an plan to let it run an cycle a bit. So this pair of clowns will be in a 10g for a week or more. Is this okay?

Just treat it the way you would a quarantine tank. Keep an eye on ammonia and do water changes as frequently as you can. Would they be better off in a bigger tank, of course but most LFS hold their fish in small temp tanks for us to see before we purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay, sounds like a plan. Also, I have two spare heaters lying around ones a 300 watt and the other is rated for 3G. I don't have the time at this moment to go an buy a new one so could I use one of these

I have two oversized heaters on my system and have never had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom