Interesting Fish Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

360º

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a 180 gallon display stocked with:

Regal tang
2 yellow tangs
tomini tang
2 clarkii clowns
foxface rabbitfish
coral beauty
manderin goby.
algae blenny.

id like to add a few more smaller fish. what are some interesting reef safe fish?

He has a lawnmower blenny, usually two blennys won't get along in the same tank. However, given the size of his tank, they may establish territories far enough apart to avoid fighting.

Have you considered some small schooling fish like chromis? They aren't that pretty on their own, but seeing them move as a group is cool.

Japanese borbonius anthias is an option, if money isn't an issue. My LFS has them for 250 a piece. lol

That's a good question. How many tangs CAN you have? I like your stock list but yeah you could use some Zing to it....

Do you want just one fish or do you like the idea of schooling fish?

Well if you're asking if I'd rather have 8 chromis or 1 naso tang, I'd rather have the Naso tang

My vote was for anthias actually. Much bigger than chromis and alot more colorful. ;-)

But yeah the tang would be awesome too.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is the tang should be fine in there. That's just based on what I've learned being on the forums. I'm sure the Tang experts will chime in soon.

A big decision, good luck with your choice! And of course pictures..

I'm look'n for a Borbonius myself buy nobody around here has them now. That is what I want to have as my main fish. When I did see one up here it was for only $170

Very rare, due to the depth they are native to. Interesting mannerisms, and they are unique. I mean, how many other pink fish with greenish yellow spots and fins do you know of? Lol They are a conversation piece.

You may think it's ugly but thats you're opinion. The price is a little steep but I'm sure a few people will spend the scratch. But it looks like you can save a little cheddar since you don't like the fish. I don't like tangs so I guess I'll use the money I save from not buy'n those ugly fish and get my awesome look'n anthias

Lol, it is all personal preference. I am going to eventually get one, but I am keeping tangs too. See, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Naso Tangs grow very large....~18" adult they also do not retrack their knives as other tangs do. With the amount of tangs you have now I would not advise adding one. IMO

Back
Top Bottom