Killer clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonessurf

Aquarium Advice Activist
So every time any hand is placed in my tank, it is viciously attacked by the bigger of my 2 percula clown fish. Is this abnormal?

I've heard of maroon clowns doing this so its very possible. My domino damsel does it sometimes too. It's prob just territorial.

How big is it? is it a mating pair or still just two clowns

I bought them as a mated pair... They were displaying it in the tiny tank where I bought them from at the lfs, but not too much in my tank. And they are pretty small

Most clowns can be very aggressive. Almost all clown owners have been attacked/bitten by their clown fish. It seems to be in their nature :p

They are damsels you know... (well kinda)

Agreed. I have a Gold Banded Maroon that is NASTY. I keep meaning to get a pair of decent tongs so I don't have to put my hand in the tank so much due to the clown biting and latching onto my skin which scares me enough to jerk my arm and make a mess. :lol:

To the OP, do your clowns have an anemone?

Clowns protect their homes extremely aggressively...it is very cute watching them feed and care for their home ^^...whoever would have thought that nemo would grow up to be an unruly teenager with a bad attitude with teeth too match :p

This forum is for profiles of SW fish, corals and inverts. This thread moved to SW general discussion.

Mine have bonded with a conch shell... I'm sporting a band aide right now because I got too close will feeding my anemones.

I hope I have to deal with a clutch of eggs soon. But I just have no idea how to go about that.

Back
Top Bottom