Latex gloves in aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I was just wondering if I could use latex gloves in my 25 gallon saltwater aquarium. If so, what type should I use? I have excema on my skin and I'm not aloud to stick my hands in my aquarium. Any other suggestions of what I can use besides latex gloves? Will latex gloves poison my reef?
Thanks.

Hi, I was just wondering if I could use latex gloves in my 25 gallon saltwater aquarium. If so, what type should I use? I have excema on my skin and I'm not aloud to stick my hands in my aquarium. Any other suggestions of what I can use besides latex gloves? Will latex gloves poison my reef? Thanks.
I use them too. But I will say that the water will still get into the gloves. You might be better off to buy some thick rubber gloves that are used to handle corals etc. They go all the way up your arm past your elbows.

You can get them off of amazon for about $25. This is the brand that I am about to buy. Coralife Aqua Gloves (One Pair Shoulder Length Protective Gloves)

If you have a large animal vet near you, you could have them order a box of the plastic disposable gloves that go up to your shoulder. Just a thought, the rubber ones would prob afford you greater tactile capabilities tho.

Coralife Aquagloves - 1 Pair - 28"
^
Coralife Aquagloves. Covers your whole arm up to the shoulder. Like 12 US bucks for the pair.

I worked at an LFS with a guy who had "sensitive skin" (he never elaborated) and used these gloves.

Sorry to the guy a couple of posts before me who payed $25 for the coralife gloves. That's an evil price they charged you.

Coralife Aquagloves - 1 Pair - 28" ^ Coralife Aquagloves. Covers your whole arm up to the shoulder. Like 12 US bucks for the pair. I worked at an LFS with a guy who had "sensitive skin" (he never elaborated) and used these gloves. Sorry to the guy a couple of posts before me who payed $25 for the coralife gloves. That's an evil price they charged you.
Ya it was bad but better then loosing a fish ! Or contaminating the tank !

Coralife Aquagloves - 1 Pair - 28" ^ Coralife Aquagloves. Covers your whole arm up to the shoulder. Like 12 US bucks for the pair. I worked at an LFS with a guy who had "sensitive skin" (he never elaborated) and used these gloves. Sorry to the guy a couple of posts before me who payed $25 for the coralife gloves. That's an evil price they charged you.
glad I didn't buy them yet. I am the one who mentioned them. I just ran across them when looking on amazon. Thanks for saving me some money!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom