lazy or lonley puffer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyfishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a porcupine puffer about three weeks ago and all he does is swim next to the heater. He comes out to eat and then goes right back to his spot. Once I saw him in the live rock after he ate but maybe he was to heavy to swim back up to the top. He was in with three other puffers swimming all around when I bought him. Is this normal or does he need a friend? He looks so sad in the corner all alone.

Ours sat on top of the powerhead all day and on top of a rock all night. He had a trigger in with him and only moved around long enough to eat. They seem to be very over rated to me. I guess they are just bored. I do think it's natural though. Maybe someone else will have a different experience.

All the porcupines at my lfs look like they are stuck to the powerheads. They seem bored compared to the others. The dog face and the stars and stripes seem to be interesting as they always follow you and will spit water at you.

My PP was very shy the fist week or so not moving around much and sticking in one corner. Its been about a month and he swims everywhere. i have to look around when i come home to see what new spot he wedged himself into.... He also spits water like the df puffer and follows me around when i walk by. Hopefully you got a PP as cool as mine, cause he is my favorite in the tank

Back
Top Bottom