leaking sump/refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my 20 gallon long DIY sump that came with my 46 bf began leaking a couple days ago about a cup of water a day so I went out and picked up some more baffles and a new 20L which I planned on doing eventually to upgrade my skimmer once I had a larger footprint in my first chamber but now that I am I was wondering even if I switch everything into buckets then into the new sump should I see any spikes or should the LR in my DT be able to handle it...I have about 10 lbs of rock and 10lbs of crushed coral in the sump along with a filter bag and sponges in my last set of baffles with 50 lbs of LR and 50 lbs of sand and crushed coral in my DT...I don't think I should have anything to worry about but it would be nice to hear it from someone that has replaced a sump/refugium on an established tank

There should be no reason for a spike unless you attempt to move the lr and crushed coral before unhooking or shutting off power to the sump. Sending the buildup into your DT from that could be deadly.

Back
Top Bottom