Levels are zero and an AWOL turbo snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tex

Aquarium Advice Freak
First some good news and then some more good news.

Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites and Phosphates are ZERO. Retested 3 times to make sure I wasn't crazy. ZERO!!! I've been more than dilligent with the water changes, maybe on the side of obsessive/compulsive. I've done at least 30 gallons a week in my 100 gal tank since I got my new ro/di unit about 5 weeks ago. The few small fish and small coral frags I have are thriving. The small corals (zenia colony, amphilia, cabbage leather and candy cane) are fully open and happy looking.

More good news, I bought a medium sized turbo snail last week for $8. The first day he ran around eating like crazy...then, I never saw him again until tonight. I assumed he was dead but he must've been hiding in the rocks for some reason. Tonight he was cruising around looking like, well, like a turbo snail. :D

I attribute this initial success to the sound advice from this board. Hooray for the internet. I've learned more here than I ever could have from books or hanging out in the LFS.

Well turbo snails are more nocturnal with thier movements from what I have experienced. I cant believe you paid $8 for one though.....

I didn't $8 was too bad bad for a golf ball sized crab. I have a bunch of tiny blue leg hermits I paid $1 each for.

I enjoy listening to what the LFS guys have to say, and then reading about it here......It is so obvious that most of them are just trying to sell you something.

AA rocks!

Back
Top Bottom