Lighting Question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utradeshow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75gal with a 4x65 PC and I want to upgrade. I also have a Jebo 4x55. I want to go MH, so I was thinking about getting 2x175 MH and also taking the 4x55 from the jebo to make a Retro canopy.

Question A: Which would look better 10K with Acentic for the 4x55 or 20k with white for the 4x55's

Question B: Should I go with 2x250 for the MH??? Instead of 2x175

Question C: Would the 4x55 PC put out as much light as 2x96 PC

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Depending on how deep the tank is will determine the wattage of lighting you will want. Mine is 24" deep, and I beleive yours is too. I use 2 250w MH with a 14K bulb running along side my 4x65w coralife retro. I think the 14K is a happy medium for me. I can run them with/without the pc lights and still get the blue/white effect in addition to the shimmering. I would keep your 4x65w and add the MH to it. Just make sure you add fans to the canopy with these MH though.

Mike

If it were me i would go 2-250 10K and than 4 x 55 PC actinic. THe 10K will put out more availible PAR than a 20K plus the 10K bulb has a longer specteral life than a 20K.

Back
Top Bottom