Macro Algae Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has been overrun by the same macro Algae that I put in there to help with lowering my nitrates. As you can see from the picture it's practically taken over my tank. Please advise.

Thanks

Sent from my Reef Tank using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1398960883540.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398960915955.jpg

I have never ever had macro algae actually in my display tank.
It's always been in my refugium.
I would take it out and put it all in there.

I don't have a fuge right now. I've actually done without one for over 2 years. Is there anything I can do instead?

Sent from my reef tank using Tapatalk 2

You an trim it and keep it towards the back of the tank. Just because you can't see it... Doesn't mean it a not doing it's job.

looks like cheato cut it back bag it sell it off I never could get it to take in my main tank now I just keep the reds glad I didnt keep trying
looks like its a pain in the but
just seen rocks with cheato growing on them $30.each so maybe just sell them off

For everyone's info it's (Caulerpa sp.) This common plant is a favorite snack of herbivores. Its rapid growth helps improve water quality and fill in empty areas. Caulerpa can be found in various shapes, including flat blades, feather blades, notch leaf, and a grape-shaped variety. Caulerpa is usually collected from the coastal regions of Florida, where it is prevalent in the rocky estuaries.

Caulerpa is an awful macro to have in a display tank. It's another one of the macros that's considered a pest.

Sorry :( You might try getting an herbivore that will munch on it. I'm not particularly familiar with that type of caulerpa but I know a snowflake blenny is an algae eater.

I already have a sand sifting Goby that appears to look allot like it. That may not work.

Back
Top Bottom