Maxi Jet 1200's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swiftwing7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been playing around with mine for a few days and haven't really noticed them rotating. Do they rotate themselves? If i saw any rotation it was just a tiny bit of 1 degree or so. I can spin the head and aim it anyway i want, does this hurt it or is this how you are suppose to guide which direction you want it to aim. Thanks for the help? I just want to know if fully rotational head means you do it yourself or if it rotates itself.
thanks swift

I've got 3 of'em in my tank. they do not auto rotate.
you can adjust the rotation yourself to create the angle you want your water flow.

And don't be to annoyed if you were hoping they would auto-rotate themselves. Most powerheads with such feature lock up in a few weeks in saltwater. :wink:

Everyone seems to have the powersweeps but mine have been working great for over a year now. They still rotate perfectly if they are cleaned semi-regularly. I haven't cleaned mine in probably 2 months...one is jammed and one is sweeping still. If cleaning them every few weeks/month doesn't sound like something you would be intnerested in doing then I would avoid them....they are also a bit on the bulky side.

Okay, I don't mind if they don't rotate. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't damage them to move them myself. I Have three for my 120 gallon and am deciding where to put them. Also accounting its visible from all sides. Hmmm.
Swift

Back
Top Bottom