mixing shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 1 pep with 2 scarlett cleaners and 1 fire shrimp. Added the pep last, been 2 weeks, no problems as of yet.

My lsf said it was fine, and it seems to be.

--Logan

I have heard of many combinations of shrimp, just ask on what you would like to combine and I am sure their will atleast one who has tried it or has that combo already.

I have 4 Peps, 2 skunks, and a blood red.

The peps hide during the day except when I feed. The skunks are always out. The blood red hangs out on the back wall, but ventures out front from time to time. They don't seem to bother each other at all.

Yeah you can mix'em up.... I would just keep an eye on a CBS if you get one... they can be a little more aggresive.....

Ya, the CB is the only one I would worry about a bit. Also Mantis, but thats a different story. :roll:
See mine below, no problems at all.

I would just keep an eye on a CBS if you get one... they can be a little more aggresive.....

Figures...why are the pretty ones always the agressive ones? :roll:

My CBS is the devil. He hoards all food, flares when the hermits come close, and even knicked my hand while I was scrubbing some algae....

It's weird b/c when I hear others talk about their pep's they say they don't come out except at night. The one's I had were out as much as my cleaner, though they would scurry when your hands were in the water. But daytime, nightime, they were always causeing trouble. Now they are in a friends tank and causeing trouble there too, fortunately my friend dosen't mind and loves them more than anything else he has in the tank. I often wonder if they are another species, but they look just like every picture I have ever seen of one.

I have two CBS in my 125. They got all 4 peps that were in there. I'm going to pull the rock apart to get them out and put the pair in another tank. Then add a cleaner and some pepps back to the main tank. :)

I have 2 cleaners & a peppermint in the tank and they all seem to get along just great. My cleaners have by far the most personality though. Every time my hand goes into the tank they hop on!

During the day my skunks hang out on the roof of the largest cave in my system. I've never seen any of my chromis or bar goby go in for a cleaning. As the lights start to turn off the skunks move into the small cave where the chromis sleep. I'm not sure the chromis like the cleaning but they do tolerate it.

If I see my peps during the day they seem to be lurking in the shadows.

I have two peps, two cleaners, one pistol, one blood shrimp and one CBS living happily together in my 72 gal.

I have a peppermint, 2 skunks and a CBS in my 75 gal. All have been there for about 6-9 months.

Back
Top Bottom