Mushroom coral detatched from rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tako

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've recently added mushroom corals to my tank, and although they seem to be doing fine for the most part, a couple of the individual polyps have detached from their base rock (forceful snails?). What can/should I do to get them re-attached (they seem to be handling their displacement okay, but I don't think having them roam around the tank can possibly be a good thing). Any suggestions?

They will be Ok I`ve had mine fall off when it gets too crowded and they just start growing there. But if you want them back on a rock Get some light fishing line and lightly tie the coral back on a rock and in a week it should be reattached to rock. But like I say I just let mine fall and form a colony there

That's one of the ways they spread. If it gets to crowded and there aren't any rocks close by, they detach and move. Then a new one can grow where they were. This is a good thing not bad.

most of them dont like too much water flow so they will let go and float away. i have at least 8-10 of them just setting on my sand bed because they cant find a place to settle. they will be ok. you can attach them like melosu58 said but if they getting some decent flow they will most likely just float off again.try putting them close to the bottom out of the way of the current.

Back
Top Bottom