mushrooms!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

porschefrk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just got about 10 mushrooms on a rock, is there anyway i can transfer them to another rock? i just would like to know if there's a process to remove the mushrooms from the little rock to a much bigger live rock, thanks, any posts will be appreciated.

You can either chip away at the smaller rock so that there are rock slivers still attached to the shrooms and glue those to the bigger rock or cut the cap off the shroom and cover it on the new rock with veil type material to hold it in place while still allowing good water flow. They'll attach to the new rock.

Phyl said:
You can either chip away at the smaller rock so that there are rock slivers still attached to the shrooms and glue those to the bigger rock or cut the cap off the shroom and cover it on the new rock with veil type material to hold it in place while still allowing good water flow. They'll attach to the new rock.

EXACTLY !
Of cut a few of them in half so you'll have shrooms on both rocks !

I got a few ricordea from LiveAquaria and before I glued them down I cut one of them in half. Both halves are doing swimmingly. I just made sure to get a piece of the mouth on each half. You can cut them up like a pizza and make lots out of them when you move them.

Back
Top Bottom